Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Accounting Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunslngr

Technical User
Apr 14, 2004
US

I feel it is time to get some feedback with a program that I have been working on. In September we upgraded our phone system to an s8700 since then we have not had access to our cdr data previously collected by Microcall. We decided that for the time being that purchasing Microcall for collecting the information was to expensive. We mainly just used to to collect who called where and for how long. We did not care about the cost field in Microcall.

So for the last Month and Half I have been learning to program in .Net, trying to reprogram a basic call accounting software. There is still alot to be done. Right now it collects the data and you can pull basic reports off. It has some scheduling to it also. I have come to the point where I need some external comments and suggestions.

The program is very rough and still has some major bugs in it. But I would like to get an idea of the interest in such a program. If I can get a few people that would be willing to test it for me and offer suggestions and comments I will try and upload it for download.

Right now it only collects data from IP but sooner or later I will add support for Com ports.

I am very open to suggestions. But please do not expect anything done very quickly as I am still learning.

Thanks
Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back