Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calender 'notify me/ mark private' button is disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Nov 18, 2010
HK
Hi, I am using mac lotus notes 7.0/4.

I have 3 mac with lotus notes , all is ver 7.0.4

But one of my Mac notes Calender 'notify me/ mark private' button is disabled..how can I enabled this again?

I checked other 2 mac lotus notes no this problem.

So, I don't think it relate to my a/c / Mail box.

Notify Me / Mark Private will be disabled if the calendar entry was not created by the person (Notes ID) that is trying to click it.

Actually ignore what I just posted.
:(

Just posted without checking. :(

??

I mean..when I go to my mac book lotus notes 7 and try to create a new meeting/reminder/appointment..all 'notify/mark private' is disabled....

and confirmed the the notes ID is correct..because I can create meeting/ send email/ reply /forward do anything..

Only those 2 button is Gery out.

thanks

The difference between entries created by yourself and entries created by someone else (e.g. meeting invitations)
is this.

Entries created by other people, you have to double-click or hit the "Edit" button before Notify Me / Mark Private are enabled.
(i.e. they are not enabled in read mode - makes sense)
Entries created by yourself are in edit mode as soon as you open them.

(Hence my mistaken post above)

Perhaps this is what's happening in your case ?

hi nonguru , I think you misunderstand my case...

when I open Notes->Calender.

I want to create a new meeting/reminder, when I click 'schedule meeting/reminder'..those 2 button is gery out.

I am not opening other user calender.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back