Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendarisms

Status
Not open for further replies.

XerxesTheMighty

Programmer
Jun 15, 2003
US
I've got a calendar component in a dialog box, and I want the user to select a date. Then when they press OK, I want to obtain the date in dd/mm/yyyy format or any normal human readable format.

--------------
"I am a master of Suggestionism and Imperfectionism, bugs and errors are mine!"-this is an original statement by ME:
Xerxes Dynatos

For anyone to answer that you obviously have to tell how you retrieve the slected date from the calendar component.

We are not mind-readers you know.

/Per
[sub]
if (typos) cout << &quot;My fingers are faster than my brain. Sorry for the typos.&quot;;
[/sub]

That's what I'm asking, is how to get the date from the selection.

--------------
&quot;I am a master of Suggestionism and Imperfectionism, bugs and errors are mine!&quot;-this is an original statement by ME:
Xerxes Dynatos

Well, all I know is that you &quot;got a calendar component&quot;.
A calendar component? Which kind of component?

Ok, I guess that you might use a CMonthCalCtrl (are you?), where you get the selected value (by the method GetCurSel) as a CTime.

CMonthCalCtrl::GetCurSel:

CTime::Format:

/Per
[sub]
if (typos) cout << &quot;My fingers are faster than my brain. Sorry for the typos.&quot;;
[/sub]

Oh, is that what your asking---how I created the calendar:
&quot;SysMonthCal32&quot;

--------------
&quot;I am a master of Suggestionism and Imperfectionism, bugs and errors are mine!&quot;-this is an original statement by ME:
Xerxes Dynatos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back