Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALENDAR WITH WEEKS SELECTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

olchik

Programmer
Jan 6, 2006
US
Hello, I need to include calendar in my form that allows users to select weeks. For example: user requests his article to be displayed on the front page on the first, second and forth week in December. I need them to be able to select those weeks on the calendar. Then I need to record this value in DB. Then I will need to use this value on admin site, so admin can retrieve all request for particular week.

Does anybody done something like that?

Thank you!
Olchik

Not exactly, but I always find it easier to work with an actual date. I'd suggest giving the user a list "Display the week of: whatever the first date of the week is". You could do this by starting with the first date and adding 7 going through a loop up to however far ahead you want to go.

Hi ericaalicen, THank you for your response.

I am trying to figure out how to work on this. What I need to do is to give user option to select up to 8 weeks in a year for their let's say article to appear on home page. One week out of optional 8 weeks should be called key week. Then I need to give admin search option to search for requests according to weeks they selected, including key week. I don't want to display all 53 weeks on request form. I am trying to come up with the right way to do it...no success yet:-(

Olchik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back