Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar with color coded events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabaster

Programmer
Aug 11, 2001
CA
I need to build a calendar with color coded events kind of like outlooks month view calendar. So far I have built a month view calendar with text boxes and can populate the days and events on each day, but im still lacking the color coding per event.
Has anyone built something like this or have a base that i can use to work from?
I guess the part i need most is a list box or something that can take multiple lines and color code each line.
Other ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Peter
---------------------------------------
There are 10 type of people in this world,
Those that understand binary and those that dont.

Access 2000 (but not 97) has conditional formatting for controls, but you are limited to three conditions. With that you can set a background color.

I've looked at VB6 list OCX packages, but they seem to fall in one of 2 categories, too expensive, or dont work in access.
As for the built-in list object, I know that it only supports one text color ofr the whole list.

PA

Peter
---------------------------------------
There are 10 type of people in this world,
Those that understand binary and those that dont.

A treeview control will allow multipule nodes and color coding of each node. The most treeview controls I've ever used on one form was 3. Not sure if that many would reduce performance. A listview control will also allow formating. both I've used in access successfully. Ive also never had to display either in a report but but don't why you couldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back