Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calendar sharing between smartphone/ blackberry and Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshbsh

Technical User
Apr 11, 2007
US
I am a newbie to Mac, but we have started to get a lot of them now. One request I have from users is to synchronize their calendar from their Macs (either from Entourage or MS Outlook) to their smartphones and blackberries.

It would be great to have something that can go beyond this and sync calendars from MS Outlook on XP to Outlook/Entourage on Mac and to the smartphones/blackberries. But, I am willing to settle for something that can sync between smartphone/blackberry and Mac for now.

Please advice.
Thanks.

Hi bshbsh

go to this link

it's software called pocket mac, haven't tried it myself (as i don't have a blackberry) but the principle is that it can intergrate with isync and allow you to sync you bb and mac

didn't look too far if it was free or pay for but it's a start, let me know if it's any use

thanks

"You'll never see all the places, or read all the books, but fortunately,
they're not all recommended."

It is a good software, but I am looking for something that would sync over the internet such as the client that MS-Xchange provides.
Thanks.

So are you wanting to sync with their server?

BB do have imap sync software on them, is this what you mean?

Yup, that is exactly what I meant.
Thanks.

But how do I sync from my Mac to the BB server is the question?

Ah so its entourage to a BB server, got it

give me a second and i shall find out for you

what server is the BB syncing to? is it Blackberry enterprise on exchange?

We dont use exchange. We have another 3rd party mail server. Calendar sharing has always been a problem, but we dont want to migrate to exchange just for that reason.
What we need is a client that can be installed on the desktop which can share their calendars which can be sync'd across the BB/Smartphone as desired. I did speak to a couple of companies, but they dont have one yet though they have one on the anvil.
Thanks.

my nokia phone syncs directly with my exchange server. (Mail For Exchange on nokia site)

blackberries sync (typically) with a Blackberry Enterprise Server, which in turn is connected to Exchange.

Nokia smartphones also have isync connectors available from nokia. they sync with ical so you first need to set an automatic sync up between entourage and ical/address book etc. (in entourage prefs).

for prosumer blackberry solutions i think you have to use missing sync or pocketmac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back