Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar report Year w/ MonthName dont show on Page Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara05

Programmer
Apr 13, 2007
US
Hello,

1. I am using this example to create a calendar.
and it shows on page header every month but I want to display the year also.

2. As I have three years of data in the calendar table 2005-2007. Also I have the Appointments table where the data is coming from. For example I have data in Appointments table only for May 19, 2006 and so on but only for May of 2006. But when i view the calendar the data populates on May 2005, May 2006, May 2007??
I just want it show for May 2006 since it only exists for that month in the table. Could someone help me thank you!!!

The article was written assuming a calendar for one year. If you really want to show a calendar for three years, then you should insert a group on year (suppressing the group header and footer, and create links to each subreport on year. In more recent versions of this report, I replaced all month and year formulas with SQL expressions to improve speed. You should create SQL expressions within the main report and in each subreport like:

year(table.`date`)

or try:

{fn year(table.`date`)}

Then link these SQL expressions to each other in the subreport linking expert.

-LB

Thank you for answering this question. I did a group by year and linked with the subreports and it worked! Just quick question on crystal report. My grids/columns are all not equal in size. How do you pull it to 10 inches on right so that grids/columns for calendar looks same in size. Currently I dragged it to 8 inches but it doesnt go more further than 8' for me.

Thank you!

Go to file->page setup and make sure you have landscape orientation selected. To get the grid more exact, magnify the view to 150 or 200% and then make use of the ruler to get the exact size.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back