Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar reminders suddenly stopped for one user

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickg3

Technical User
Dec 28, 2001
US
Took over NT4 / 5.5 server. Disk space got low approx 200mb. Heaviest user (only 3 users) said she wasn't getting calendar reminders any more. As I am Exch Server newbie, cloned to a larger hard drive as I knew I couldn't possibly reload all server software. Lots of space now, still no reminders. All else appears working fine. What additional info do you need?

Sorry, user client is Outlook 98 on NT4 workstation

We ran into this same problem with 2 out of 8 users. We're using Outlook 2000 to access Exchange 5.5 on NT4.

From the affected user's Outlook, choose "Help" on the menu, then "Detect and Repair". It will run through its paces and probably ask for the Outlook Disc 1.

When it has finished, choose "File" from the Outlook menu, then "Exit and Log Off".

Restart Outlook. Any missed reminders will pop up on the screen. If this does not happen, try turning off the reminders, logging out of Outlook, then turning them back on the next time you open Outlook.

The reminder options are found under "Tools" in the menu, then "Options", then "Other", then "Advanced Options", then "Reminder Options". Leave a trail of bread crumbs so you can find your way back!

Hope this works for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back