Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar events does not prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

acymlf

MIS
Dec 19, 2001
MY
This is kind of a complex problem to explain. Anyway here goes. I have these two users(Manager and Secretary), who are sharing calendar. So when the Secretary adds an entry into the Manager's calendar(and set to notify 5 minutes before the appointment) , the appointment does not pop up on the Manager's PC.

Only if the manager adds and entry into his calendar using his PC then the Appointment will pop up.

Is this a know problem or am I the first who is having this problem. Thanks in advance.

We had this problem too, in the exact same situation. It was due to the Secretary using the server copy of the mail file and the Manager using a local copy on their PC. This in itself is fine but the server-PC replication wasn't setup and hence there were using two entirely different databases. This only holds if the Manager can't see the secretary appointments at all on his version.

We had this problem too, in the exact same situation. It was due to the Secretary using the server copy of the mail file and the Manager using a local copy on their PC. This in itself is fine but the server-PC replication wasn't setup and hence there were using two entirely different databases. This only holds if the Manager can't see the secretary appointments at all on his version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back