Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating values in Drop Down boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorGonzo

Programmer
Jan 23, 2004
GB
Hi All,

I wonder if someone could advise me on the following as I don't know the best way to accomplish this (formulas, Lotusscript or javascript/HTML).

I have 3 dialogue list fields, FieldOne, FieldTwo, FieldThree. Each one contains the options 1 to 8.

What I want is this : if you pick one of the 8 options in any of these three fields, then the option does not appear in the other two.

e.g. user selects "3" in FieldOne, then FieldTwo and FieldThree then only contain options 1,2,4,5,6,7,8 (no "3"), and then if user selects "7" in FieldTwo for example, then FieldThree will only contain 1,2,4,5,6,8.

Hope this makes sense. Can anyone advise if they have dones this before? I'm a bit lost.

Essentially, picking an option in one of the three fields removes it from the other two

Many thanks

Gonzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back