Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating number of weeks between two dates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enea

Technical User
Feb 23, 2005
US
I need to write a query that calculates the number of weeks left between today() and April 1, 2007. I wrote the following, but although it does not give me an error, it does not display anything:

SELECT DateDiff("ww", now(),"April 1, 2007") AS Weeks
FROM tblTest;

I don't really need tblTest but I don't know any other way to do this. Does access have a fake table that one can use in cases like this?

I would appreciate if someone can guide me.

Thank you

Where are you trying to do this? Where do you want the answer to appear? DateDiff is a function, so you can use it in a number of different ways.

You need to enclose your dates in # so Access knows its a date, "" is text thats why its returning no result.

Amend your SQL to

SELECT DateDiff("ww",Now(),#1/4/1997#) AS Weeks;

and it will work.

You don't need a dummy table, you can save the query as an SQL query, you could also declare a function and use
DateDiff("ww",Now(),#1/4/1997#)

in the function.

I'm using 2000/2003 and it works fine there.

Can you copy the SQL into a new query (dont use the query wizard, just click Create Query in Design View, Cancel the box asking you to select tables etc, switch to SQL view and paste in) and try running the new query?

Wonderful. Thank you MjRoss. It works. :)

mjross deserves a star since the reply was "wonderful" and "it works".

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back