Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating First and Last day of current month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan82

Technical User
Feb 23, 2012
CA
I am designing a report and need a formula to calculate the first and last day of the current month as a selection criteria. can any body please help? I tried EOMONTH AND CURDATE but i am getting SQL error.

("PML_LEASE__LEASE_INSURANCE"."Expiration_Date">={d '2013-05-01'} AND "PML_LEASE__LEASE_INSURANCE"."Expiration_Date"<={d '2013-05-31'})

I want to automate the start and end date in the above expression.

Thanks!!!

First of current month
Date(year(currentdate), month(currentdate), 01)

Last day
dateadd("m", 1, Date(year(currentdate), month(currentdate), 01))-1

Ian

I tried the formula below instead and it worked too. Thanks!

first day of the month: datetimevar firstDate:= datetime(year(CurrentDate), month(CurrentDate),1,0,0,0)

last day of the month: dateadd("m",1,datetime(year(CurrentDate), month(CurrentDate),1,0,0,0))-1

Try this...
Code:
First of current month
Date(year(currentdate), month(currentdate), 1)

Last of current month
Date(year(currentdate), month(currentdate) + 1, 0)

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Skip

This will not work when current month is December, also it will error out with error Day muts be number between 1 and last day of month (It fails in CR10, not sure if later versions accept this, but seems unlikely)

Last of current month
Date(year(currentdate), month(currentdate) + 1, 0)

You can use month(currentdate) + 1 with dateserial

Dateserial(year(currentdate), month(currentdate) + 1, 1) -1

Ian

ahh.

Well silly me! I mistakenly thought that CR might behave like Excel & VB since I can make the arguments, at least the day argument zero or negative and the month argument can exceed 12 or be zeror or negative.

Oh well!

Skip,
[sub]

i am confused now. will my formula not work? or should I be using the one Skip wrote?

All it takes is trying something. It works or it doesn't!

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back