Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculatin of % of total

Status
Not open for further replies.

pennymail

Programmer
Apr 9, 2012
US
We recently upgraded from Cognos 8 to 10. When I used Cognos 8 report studio I was able to use the aggregate function under the Sum function in the toolbar but I don't see it there now. This is what I am trying to do and it so simple but is not working as easily as it did in Cognos 8. Take Column B / Column A. So for instance:

Column B Column A
76 441 = .17
57 366 = .16
83 1004 = .08

To calculate the .12 value I used the aggregate function under the summary function found in the toolbar. I was not required to set up a data item in the query. Now that function is no longer there. I have been able to get some of the similar calculations to work after playing around with the aggregation of the data item but I am unable to get this particular calculation to display correctly. What is the correct way that I should be handling this to easily get the value of .12. Thanks in advance!

You should be able to manually add the calculation as : total([columnA] for report) / total([columnB] for report). I do not know what changed in Cognos 10 in this respect..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back