Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculated unbound field flashes #Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimPen

Technical User
Mar 28, 2011
ZA
On a subform I have an unbound field, called TotalValue, =[Quantity] * [Price]
In the footer of the subform I have another unbound field, called SumTotalValue, = Sum([Quantity] * [Price])

If I change records on the main form the unbound field called SumTotalValue sometimes flashes "#Error"
This happens even if the fields [Quantity] & [Price] have valid entries.

I have tried requerying the subform and the unbound field SumTotalValue but this does not help

What else should I try?

How are ya TimPen . . .

If by ...
TimPen said:
[blue][purple]If I change records on the main form[/purple] the unbound field called SumTotalValue sometimes flashes "#Error"[/blue]
... you mean you change data to something else, then you need to check any code running when you do so. Possibilities are [blue]Before Update[/blue] & [blue]After Update[/blue] events.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

I have just changed the design of the subform and based it on a query, rather than a table.
In the query I do the row calculation "TotalValue", and in the form footer I now have a Sum(TotalValue)

This appears to work.

Many thanks for the response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back