Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculated member within a hierarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSosa

MIS
Oct 26, 2007
CA
Hello,

I have a [Product] dimension that is a hierarchy of product groups, sub-groups and families.

I've created a few calculate members, such as:

Code:
With

Member [Product].[Product 1] as '[Product].[ProductLongName]'

Along with that, I've created a calculated measure that returns a product's share of its parent's (product family) sales:

Code:
Member [Measures].[Share of Parent] as 'Iif ([Product].CurrentMember.Parent is Null, Null, (Product.CurrentMember, Measures.Units)/(Product.CurrentMember.Parent, Units))'

The only problem is that I continuously get NULL for "Share of Parent" for all calculated members. I'm suspecting that since the product lost its hierarchy, [Product].CurrentMember.Parent is evaluating to NULL.

Is there any way to preserve the hierarchy when using calculated members that are just a rename of actual dimension members? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back