Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculated Date in form and or query

Status
Not open for further replies.

raygunc

Programmer
Dec 29, 2003
GB
Hi, I have a problem I can't get my head around just yet.

I have a database which collates a standard report from various departments. They basically fill in a form with predifined stats & select the report date. Duplicate will not be created due to the key i've specified.

There are just two tables at the moment 1) Department which lists all the departments inc their unique id & 2) Report Stats a record exists for each report made by each dept for each report date

The report date is generated by VBA in an unbound control on the form

This part all works fine...

I now want to see a list either through a form or report that for any given report date will show me which departments have submitted their report and those that haven't.

As the report due date only exists in the VBA control how can I create a query that will show me for any given report date who has and who hasn't filed bearing in mind that if they haven't filed a report no record would exist for that dept and date in the stats table.

I need to keep things simple (for my own sake as much as anything else!) Any advice or suggestions which route to take?

I'm using Access 97 for this db

Can't see the wood for the trees!

Thanks

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back