Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculate Dynamic Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPetronas

Programmer
Nov 13, 2008
US
Hi,

I have a field in the report , Response_value which has values such as 1,2,3,4,5 etc depending of the survey_id parameter. I want to calculate a total _repsonse where the formula should be
If Response_value =1 then count(vlues) *1
If Repsonse_value = 2 then count(values)*2
I am not sure who to go about this when my repsonse_values are being dynamically generated?

Thanks in advance,
Petronas

It's not totally clear what you're after. If you want to count double for 2, tripple for 3 etc, then summing Response_value would do it. If it's not numeric, use a Formula Field with ToNumber.

This is based on Crystal 2008. It always helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

If you're not already familiar with Crystal's automated totals, see FAQ767-6524.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

I think you should show some sample results and show what the desired result would be. Can't tell whether you are trying to weight results differentially or what.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back