Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculate date from one subform to put result on the master form

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintin007

Technical User
Aug 11, 2000
CA
I have a subform containing two database field (Qty,UnitPrice) and one textbox (Total) where the recordsource is the multiplication of QTY*UnitPrice.&nbsp;&nbsp;The subform is in countinious form mode allowing user to enter product and prices for an invoice.<br><br>Now I want to put the sum of all TOTAL (textbox) of my subform in another text box (SubTotal) on my parent form.&nbsp;&nbsp;How to do that?

You need to put a calculated text box in the form footer of your subform, that sums all of the text boxes on the subform (i.e.txtTotal). Now you can refer to that field from the main form.<br><br>Me!SubformName.Form!txtTotal<br><br>If the form footer is not showing, go to the menu bar View ¦ Form Header/Footer<br> <p>Jim Lunde<br><a href=mailto:compugeeks@hotmail.com>compugeeks@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= Application Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back