Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculate age in Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingnutnb

Technical User
Jan 13, 2009
CA
I am sure this is quite simple but the formula eludes me. I have a DATE OF BIRTH field on my form and would like to have the members age calculated and displayed in another field. I know that in 123 and Excel date is a sequential number from a certain date so the math is easy. I have tried the formula TODAY-Date of BIRTH but it does not give the result I am looking for. Can anyone help with this.

Thanks wingnutnb

Create a calculated field and use this formula.
Today()- birthday
I hope it works for you.

This is correct most of the time:

age = Trunc((Today() - DOB)/365.25)

When you subtract one date from another, the result is the number of days between the two. You can then divide by the number of days in an average year (leap years are 1 day longer).

Sue Sloan

I have created a Patient Data base (non clinical) for my daughter who is a dentist. This works well for letters, recalls due, failed appointment, outstanding accounts etc.
I now wish to create a form which will be an estimate of the cost of treatment. The text is no problem but I wish the keyed entries to be the number of units of each item of treatment (e.g. radiographs). The total cost of radiographs would then be a calculated field multiplying 'No of units' times 'Unit Cost'. In the form (or separate price list) how do I create a field for the Unit cost of a radiograph which will be used in all calculations without entering the cost in every field in every record. I know you can enter specified data in a field for every new record but there are 1500 records present at the moment. Hope I am making sense.

Eric Battison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back