Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calc Conditional formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kestrel1

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
GB
I can get conditional formatting to work on a cell, but I would like to get a separate cell to be conditioned in the same way even if the cell contents are different to the original cell.
Hope that makes sense.
something like: If Cell A1 = 3 then cell A6 would be conditionally formatted to be grey.

Hi

Like this ? In my example cells in column B have style Heading if the value in the cell of column A same row is even :
Code:
[highlight silver]     [/highlight][silver]|[/silver][highlight silver]  A  [/highlight][silver]|[/silver][highlight silver]  B  [/highlight][silver]|[/silver]
[highlight silver]  1  [/highlight]     1[silver]|[/silver]x    [silver]|[/silver]
[highlight silver]  2  [/highlight]     2[silver]|[/silver]  [b]x[/b]  [silver]|[/silver]
[highlight silver]  3  [/highlight]     3[silver]|[/silver]x    [silver]|[/silver]
[highlight silver]  4  [/highlight]     4[silver]|[/silver]  [b]x[/b]  [silver]|[/silver]
[highlight silver]  5  [/highlight]     5[silver]|[/silver]x    [silver]|[/silver]
To achieve this, I filled the Format | Conditional Fromatting... dialog with this :
[tt]
[highlight silver][x][/highlight] Condition 1
[highlight silver]Formula is [v][/highlight] [highlight silver]MOD($Sheet1.$A1,2)=0 [/highlight]
Cell Style [highlight silver]Heading [v][/highlight]
[/tt]
For cell B1. Then I filled down for the next cells.

Feherke.

Thanks for the reply. Not been able to get it to work yet. Would you mind posting the file so that I can see how it is done better. I tried the example but still no joy.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that. I can now see what is happening & have got it working. However I have the same question, but I want to be able to use a 1 instead of a 7. When I try that the conditional formatting is applied to all cells that have any number in the previous cell.
So the mod line looks like this:
Code:
MOD($Sheet1.$A2,1)=0
Anyway around this?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back