Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cal restrictions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msk69

MIS
May 29, 2020
PK
Hi Al.
Can somebody briefly explain or can somebody explain how partition table work to route calls to different routes/trunk group.
I was reading the official document but could not understand the exact scenario.

Cant say I ever used it but the way it reads to me is you can say assign ARS entries to point to partitions like p1
in change partition-route-table index 1 you assign route patterns for the call based on the PGN (partitioned Group Number).
Then assign the PGN to a COR (change cor x , prompt partitioned Group Number)
The assign the COR to the Phone.

Say you assign PGN 2 in the phones COR and in Partition Table index 1 against PGN2 you assign Route Pattern 10, and in ARS for the outbound number you assign p1

Phone calls the number sent to ARS----P1 chosen---(phone is associated by COR to PGN 2)-----RP10

I have many locations, and many trunks in every location.

I want all outgoing calls from NY Sales to go out the NY Sales PRI
and I want all outbound calls from NY Customer Service to go out the NY Customer Service trunk
and I want all outgoing calls from LA Sales to go out the LA Sales PRI
and I want all outbound calls from LA Customer Service to go out the LA Customer Service trunk

And I want overflow from NY Sales to go out to LA Sales
etc
etc
etc

Having a COR with a "TOD Chart" of 1 for sales and 2 for service means in ARS when some string hits p1 and p1 has entry 101 for PGN1 and 201 for PGN2 that i can have different routes for different classes, groups, or categories of users within a single location.

Thanks guys for explaining....Do you know some other website beside Avaya where i can explore COR/Partition table more??

Kyle555 good example of a use, I was trying to think where to apply partitioning, have a star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back