Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cajun P333T Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Degg

ISP
Aug 10, 2001
US
ok, I have this P333t switch, and I need to get into it and configure it. I have the .pdf on how to configure, but I cannot get a prompt when I connect to the console port. I am using the right setup in Hyperterminal, a db9 to rj-45 adapter, and a straight thru ethernet cable. the only thing I can think of that might be wrong is the db9 adapter. it is a cisco adapter that says 'terminial' on it, but I am pretty sure it is just an adapter and nothing fancy ie no cross over, etc. Can anyone verify that the adapter is ok to use? Or does Lucent have their own adapter that is specific to Lucent??

Degg

also, is the welcome prompt just supposed to pop up, or do I need to press a certain key combo. I press enter, and also tried ctrl-y, neither work...

I have the same problem. I believe that there is a special RJ45-DB9 adapter and a different cross-over cable (not the standard ethernet crossover).
Anyone have the wire-map for this cross-over cable?

I have the same problem. I believe that there is a special RJ45-DB9 adapter and a different cross-over cable (not the standard ethernet crossover).
Anyone have the wire-map for this cross-over cable?

Ok here it is at last for you :

Avaya P330 RJ45 pin | Name | DB9
------------------------------------------------
1 | Future use | NC
2 | TXD | 3
3 | RXD | 2
4 | CD | 4
5 | GND | 5
6 | DTR | 1
7 | RTS | 8
8 | CTS | 7
------------------------------------------------