Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cajun P120 Console Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cginetsol

Technical User
Apr 27, 2004
US
I purchased a Cajun P120 switch that didn’t come with a console cable or RJ-45 to DB-9 adapter. Can someone tell me the pinout for both the console cable and RJ-45 to DB-9 adapter?

Thanks in advanced,

Jason

You really only need TXD, RXD, and GND when used with the FRONT console port.

RJ-45 to DB-9

2 -- TXD -- 3
3 -- RXD -- 2
5 -- GND -- 5

Make sure you have the port settings at:

9600 8N1 FlowControl = None

Works for me.

Gary

Almost forgot... This setup works with a STRAIGHT-THROUGH CAT5 cable. In the P330 user manual it says to use a cross-over cable, but only the STRAIGHT-THROUGH cable would work with my pinout listed above and the P120.

Respectfully,

Gary

Thanks the adapter works great. I don't have the password to get into the privileged mode of this switch, so I can't use the defpass command to reset the default passwords. Can you tell me how to retrieve the privileged mode password or to reset it without this password?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi,

I'm trying to access a Cajun P333T with console. I tried with a straith, cross, and the pin settings below.

I don't get the login prompt after hitting the enter key.

My terminal settings are 9600 baud, 8 datat no parity 1 stop, no flow control

Any ideas how i could get access to the console port

Thanks

Jorg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back