Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

caculating fields in a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisat76

Programmer
Sep 25, 2007
US
is there a way to calculate two fields by each other?
I want to do a little advanced calculation like you can do in crystal reports and sql reporting.
One of the things i would do is divide the number of contacts
by the number of job openings (our custom field) and other calculations like that. I didn't see anywhere in the report designer to do any of these things
I have act 2008 web premium

Thanks

You can't do reports in the ACT! Report Writer without some tricky scripting.

If you know Crystal, you can report from the ACT! database using the OLEDB interface. Then you have access to the power of Crystal.

Have a look at this ACT! Knowledge Base article -
I also recommend getting the Crystal Provider from - it will make your work a lot easier.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

I am not sure which of these programs on this site - i need one says it has 15 reports one says 40 I don't see one called provider that you mentioned.
Do these work with act premium 2008?

Thanks

The versions on the link are ACT6, They have one for 2008, but not sure of the new site ... drop them an email or phone call.

Speak to Stan - he's great. His email is actually on the site I gave you

Tell him what you need and he'll let you know the best way to get there.

Actually, I just followed some links and got here -
You can see the CCR and the Provider on that link

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back