Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caching of e-mail addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentos

MIS
Apr 2, 2003
BE
This might be a bit late, but I stil want to share this.

In follow-up of thread thread68-1171418:
how to copy the cache of manually typed e-mailaddresses stored in Outlook 2002 and 2003.

I had the same problem when renaming Outlook profiles (actualy copy profile to new with other name) or when moving users with Office 2002 to new pc with Office 2003 (the wizard to copy win profiles seems to fail here). Users lost there cached e-mailaddresses. I did as follow:

Search the *.NK2 file of the original profile. This is normally under C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

Copy this file to the profile folder of the new user and rename it (if necessary) so it matches the Outlook profile name.

Then go to folder C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and delete the extend.dat file. This file refers to Outlook plugins. This file will be recreated on next Outlook startup.

That should do the trick...

Regards,
Christophe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back