Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caching in web viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterswan

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
US
Hello,

Why does my web viewer for Crystal sometimes cache the results of a report, and redisplay the same report, even though different parameters have been chosen? Is there a way to disable the caching?

I guess I wouldn't mind it if the user could browse from a list after they clicked on the lightning bolt. However, in this case the user is prompted to type in an ID, but they will have no way of knowing what the ID is since on the previous form the selection is based on description, not ID.

I tried to go into the "Edit Parameter Field" area and assign values to the parameter drop down. However, the only way that the drop down box will show a string is if the parameter itself is a string. You see, I want the user to select the string, but have the report run based on an ID. In this area I know it is possible to assign a description individually to each ID, but this would take forever, plus if a new ID comes in, the description will not automatically be added. In the "Select from database" area, under "Select from table" and "Select from field" there is no way to select a string for my drop down if the parameter is a number.

Is there any way to get this to work?

Thanks, [smile] [smile] [smile]

Peter

Hello,

No one has any ideas? Maybe I'm the only one who has this problem where the web viewer caches user selections.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back