Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cache problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

macr0

Programmer
Jan 29, 2000
US
Anyone know why I get this error? (IIS 5, win2k)<br><br>ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cb3'<br>Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operation.<br><br>from the following snip:<br><br>iPageNum = 1<br><br>objRs.AbsolutePage = iPageNum<br><br><br><br>and also, I can only set objRs.CacheSize to 1. Anything above<br><br>1 says invalid arguments/out of range.&nbsp;&nbsp;Of course objRs is an<br>ADODB.RECORDSET and I have used<br><br>objRs.CursorLocation = adUseServer<br><br>I am trying to modify the example off of this page:<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

I think this problem will come into the scene when you are using a corsor type that does not support paging. If you are using a forward-only cursor, change the cursor type to a richer cursor like keyset or dynamic and try. <br>I am not sure you will get it solved but it is one of the reason why you get this error.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back