Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cache folder contents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2000
GB
We run SI 7.5.2
Is there a way to delete the contents of the \\SI\cache folder automatically?. Our APS stopped overnight due to disk filling up completely, I found there was 1.2Gb in the cache folder!
Deleting all this solved the problem, but surely I shoudn't have to do this manually??

Cheers

Steve

What is the job load for the Info Agent - check that in the Configuration Monitor - it tells you how many reports are loaded in memory. 20 is a good number.
There should be a regular cache clean-up and that's a setting in the registry...the key escapes me at the moment...

Found it!
You can restrict the cache folder in the Info Administrator under the instances tab. There is a section at the bottom called report caching where you can limit the size of the cache folder and also cache pages per instance.
The cache folder is now restricted to 400Mb and all appears well.

Cheers

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back