Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cache Battery 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFK98

Technical User
Apr 21, 2005
CA
Howdy!

Running IBM X255 with Win Server 2000. I have Server Raid installed. My Battery on my Server RAID card is about to die on me.

Anyone know How to save my RAID data? Do I need to worry about this before I change my battery?
HELP

DFK98

The data is cache data which is flushed to disk after a predetermined time period or during normal shutdown. The data protection function is used if the disk array fails, power is interrupted to the server due to hardware failure or line power interruption. You do not need to worry about the cached data if you shut down your server normally, the cached data is written to disk during the shut down.

To replace the battery, shutdown the server legally, remove the power cord from the server, use anti static procedures, remove and replace the battery module according to the raid manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back