Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cable tester needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1346

Vendor
Mar 29, 2009
US

I'm in the market for a new certified tester. Preferably one that does both copper and fiber, but if it only does fiber, then that's what I'm really after. Does anyone know (Besides ebay) where to find some reasonably priced testers? I have searched the web and haven't seen anything that stands out as a "deal".

Fluke was offering a trade in program for their DSP series for users that upgrade to the DTX series. Graybar has the best prices in our region. (SE) they have won our last 3 RFQ's for test gear.

Check with Accu-Tech 1-800-432-0325 -113. They usually give me the best pricing.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

A good way to find out where you may get it the cheapest is to go to the maker, pick out the unit, and look for distributors,contact them and see who can do the best for you.

A good copper/fiber tester that you select will depend upon the one YOU like.

Good Luck,

Has been in the cabling business for about twenty years and is now the Sr PM for a cabling company located in the Los Angeles area.
Also a General Class Amatuer Radio Operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back