Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cable Strippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdumont

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2002
CA
Is there a ratchet type tool (like a crimper) that prepares/strips the rg-59 or rg-6 cable?
I've been to the leviton and tnb web sites but don't see anything.
Thank you.

I do as well, and my electrician's knife that I was issued in the military way back in the mid 70's - Camillus made one heck of a tool back then. Carry it and many other things like flashlight, Gerber tool, etc in a belt pouch that's always with me even in onsite dress clothes.

They do make cable strippers though, have made them for many years. I used to have one for twinaxial that made both cuts and you could set the depths and distances in advance for perfect cuts all the time. RG59 and RG6 for CATV/TV/Sat I do by hand with my knife though - not much stripping for those when putting on F connectors. Crimpable profesional level connectors and a good crimp tool are a more important item in that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back