Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cable modem drops connection via router

Status
Not open for further replies.

inusrat

Programmer
Feb 28, 2004
CA
Hi,

I am using a cable modem. It works fine, but when I connect cable modem through a router to my server, I noticed after few hours it drops the connection. then I need to reboot everything again.

But same router was working fine with DSL modem. I am not sure why cable modem drops connection when conneced though a router.

Thanks for your reply. I am using a cable modem. It works fine, but when I connect acble modem through a router to my server, i noticed after few hours it drops the connection. then I need to reboot everything again.

But same router was working fine with DSL modem. I am not sure why cable modem drops connection when conneced though a router.

Anyone knows why it does that.

thanks
thanks

What model router?

When the connection drops, login to your router's web interface. Look at the status page, does an ip address still show there? If you hit renew, what happens?

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back