Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cable Company Infrastructure

Status
Not open for further replies.

grundler

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
US
I live in a neighborhood that has deteriorating phone infrastructure, and no cable infrastructure. I am lucky to get 56k on my DSL at times. Comcast recently proposed to the HOA to run new cables under the streets via trenchless directional drilling, and will provide xfinity services to all interested homeowners. However, they want each home in the neighborhood to be assessed $300 to help pay for their infrastructure, regardless of if you will subscribe to their services. I want to be clear, this is not for running cables from the box in your yard to your house, but for their infrastructure work. Is this normal? I don't think I have ever heard of neighborhoods paying for a company to build out the company's own infrastructure. Google was of little help on this matter as I didn't know exactly how to search for this without getting all of the unwanted results.

Well I think it is normal I work for Directv and when a complex want satellite service without all the dish antenna's we charge the home owners for our infrastructure ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back