Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CA Realia Cobol and PSQL V9.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimAllen

MIS
Nov 20, 2002
With pervasive sql through version 8.xx, my Realia Cobol application using realbtrv started the desktop client. My code uses the entry point "entry s_btrvio_h".

Do I need an updated realbtrv.obj or is there another reason that my app is not starting the pervasive client?

You shouldn't need to recompile or use a different library.
A few questions:
1. Which V8 engine did you use (Workgroup, client, server)?
2. Which V9 engine did you install?
3. Do any of the Pervasive utilities work? For example, can you open one of your data files using the Function Executor?
4. Is the app DOS, WIn16, or Win32?

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

We use all 3 V8 engines. I installed the V9 workgroup engine for testing on my notebook. All the Pervasive utilities work.

We have identified and fixed the problem. In the Microkernel Router configuration "Application Characteristics", we had to turn off the "Embedded Spaces" option.

Pervasive changed the default for their splash screen display to off. I let the fact that no splash screen was displayed and a file status of 12 to lead me to believe that my app was not connecting to the engine.

It was, it was just the "Embedded Spaces" option causing the file name string to be interpreted incorrectly.

Thanks for your helop.

I've seen status 12s when the Embedded Spaces setting is on if the filename isn't terminated with a binary 0 on the Open call.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back