Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CA ARCserve Backup R15 SP1 (build 6300): error W3832

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucelamont

Technical User
Jan 7, 2013
AU
We do not use media pools (yet), and have submitted a back up job that stages to disk, before migrating to tape. The backup to disk is working fine, however the migration jobs are failing with error "W3832 - can't find a blank media". There are several tapes in the drive, but when I try to either format or erase any of the tapes, the function window (for either erase or format) comes up empty, and does not allow me to format or erase the tapes.

I have tried removing the tape from the group we use for the migration, and adding another tape, however this doesn't make any difference. We have rebooted the backup server attached to the tape library, but this has made no difference. I am pretty sure the problem lies with the library itself, but wanted to check and see if anyone is aware of anything that could prevent the ARCserve console from formatting or erasing a tape?

In addition, we have tried rebooting the Tape Library itself, but to no avail; the same issue persists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back