Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CA-antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

veroL

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
FR
Hi,
I need some help with CA-antivirus. I have installed "inoculateIT for windows NT version 4.53" on 3 machines: 2 of them are windows 2000 servers and the other one is running windows 2000 professional. On the 2 windows 2000 server machines (they are also active directory primary/secondary domain controlers) i have installed "inoculateIT server" and on the windows 2000 professionnal machine, i have installed "inoculateIT workstation". My first question is : can this version of the CA-antivirus work with a windows 2000 network? Do you know if there is a newer version of it (i have unicenter NSM vers 3.0: e-trust antivirus seems to be on the CD but only a part of it: I have installed it and there is no management console whereas there is one with inoculateIT for win NT vers 4.53). Could anyone help me with base knowledge please?
Any answer welcomed

InoculateIT v4.5x is two major versions old.
There has been a 6.0 release and the current release is 7.0.

The full product name is now eTrust Antivirus.

Unicenter NSM 3.x only ships with the command line version of one of the incolan engines, which provides the ability to scan for viruses locally at midnight.

Here is a link to the compatibility matrix for the product:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back