Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C8 Migration from Development to Production (Advice Needed Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drepso

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
AU
Could I please have suggestions/advice on the following please:

External consultants have been working on a new project which has involved creating a new database and cognos 8 installation in one of our overseas offices. The database will be replicated to one of our servers locally and the Cognos 8 development will also need to be migrated to our Cognos 8 environment.

The development work will consist of some cubes initially, followed by a package to be accessed by query studio.

I need advice on the how this C8 development needs to be migrated please. What would I need to organise for this C8 development to access the new replicated database here?

I have been told that we need the transformer model as well as the framework manager package that generated the iqd's for the model. I don't believe it is this easy.
Any guidance and more importantly anything I need to be aware of?

Appreciate any advice in advance because I am not sure what is involved or what would be the best approach.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back