Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C2960TTL multiple Trunk ports with same VLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

netguy2000

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
PK
Dear support/ Gurus.
I configured my C2960 TTL port-1 as a trunk with allowed VLAN 1,16,17 connected with WiFi AP DAP-2695
then I configured my C2960 TTL port-2 as a trunk with allowed VLAN 1,16,17 connected with my 2nd WiFi AP DAP-2695
then I configured my C2960 TTL port 24 as a trunk with allowed VLAN 1,16,17 connected with my DHCP server configured LAN interface with 802.1Q VLAN 1, 16, 17 TAGGING.

interface FastEthernet0/1
description ToWiFi1
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,16,17
switchport mode trunk

interface FastEthernet0/2
description ToWiFi2
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,16,17
switchport mode trunk

interface FastEthernet0/24
description ToDHCP
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,15-25
switchport mode trunk

after some time 5 to 10 min. my DAP 2695 stops responding on LAN.
My WiFi APs already configured to with multiple SSiDs with VLANs
Wireless AccessPoints 2 DAP-2695, i configured multiple ssids and succeed, then I created VLANs and succeed, then I assign ssids with vlan .
VLAN=1 (default)
vlan= 16 (groupA)
vlan= 17 (groupB)

VLAN tagging details
VLAN 1 = Mgmt LAN1 LAN2 (TAG) , 2.4GHz MSSID Primary (un-tag) all other not-member, 2.4GHz WDS port W1 to W8 (not member) , 5GHz MSSID Primary (un-tag) all other S1 to S7 not-member, 5GHz WDS port W1 to W8 (not member)
VLAN 16 = Mgmt LAN2 (not member), LAN1 (TAG), 2.4GHz MSSID S1 (un-tag) all other S2 to S7 not-member, 2.4GHz WDS port W1 to W8 (not member) , 5GHz MSSID S1 (un-tag) all other S1 to S7 not-member, 5GHz WDS port W1 to W8 (not member)
VLAN 17 = Mgmt LAN2 (not member), LAN1 (TAG), 2.4GHz MSSID S2 (un-tag) all other S1,S3 to S7 not-member, 2.4GHz WDS port W1 to W8 (not member) , 5GHz MSSID S2 (un-tag) all other S1,S3 to S7 not-member, 5GHz WDS port W1 to W8 (not member)

I AM UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND IS THIS IS APs PROBLEM OR I AM CONFIGURING MY C2960 WRONGLY.

can you please help me ?
Please help me in this problem
Thanks in Advance

Point number 1:

Why does anyone use VLAN1 for anything? All ports on an "out of the box" switch are automatically assigned to VLAN1. This is a massive security risk for any organization. Shutdown VLAN 1 and create a new VLAN for management.

Okay, from the perspective of trunked ports, I see no issue here with the configuration. Have you had a look at the actual ports on the switch to see what is happening there? Are they showing as "up, up"? Ensure that there are no errors on the ports (CRC's could be a cause).....

I'm not sure about the multiple SSiD's......

Check the ports on the switch..... show int ????? etc etc.....

Check any log files on the WLC as well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back