Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

c0000005 DRWTSN errors in Word2K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2002
US

Recently several of my users have been having issues where Word 2000 (any service pack) will bomb out in the middle of operation (sitting idle or actively typing) and return a Dr. Watson error in Win2000.

Checking DRWTSN32.LOG, the message is always similar to this:

Application exception occurred:
App: (pid=xxxx)
When: yy/yy/zzzz @ whenever
Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

And of course the pid always = WINWORD.EXE.

I have tried every solution I can think of (registry hacks per Microsoft, updating to Office2K SP3, in some cases uninstalling and reinstalling Office2K entirely) and I am no closer to the solution.

All affected users are in different departments, but they each work on a Compaq EVO D500 minitower, 256MB RAM each, running Windows 2000 SP2. That is the only similarity I can find between them.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

--- Geoffrey D. Wessel
- BAA Indianapolis System Administrator
- (317) 487-5223
- gwessel@baai.com

I have the exact error message popping up in the Event log /applications log. My PID is Adobe acrobat though. One of my users wnats to create a PDF file from existing Excel files, and when she starts the process Adobe freezes up, and this same error is generated. If I find anything I'll let you know. BTW, I'm running win2k, SP4!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back