Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C# Web Service Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestatdelioncourt

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
BN
I have developed an ASPX site on a lap-top with a local copy of SQL server. This site uses an ASPX page to connect to a C# WebService to retrieve data. This all works fine.

However when I move the site onto a desk-top PC (Same versions of VS and .Net Frame work). The WebServices are still local but the SQL server is now remote, when I hit the WS url directly it happily goes away and retrieves the data from SQL server. But when the ASPX page tries to access the WS I get the error:

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

Also I can not debug the WS from the ASPX.

I have checked all of the configuration (as much as I know), and the IIS and .Net configurations are Identical. I have also followed the instructions on here: But can not trace the issue

Any ideas?

What user account are your web services running under? And do they have network access?

Chip H.

Thanks, I worked it all out.

The companies anti virus was blocking port 80. Therefore preventing access to the web service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back