Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C# to Vb.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jino

Programmer
Apr 1, 2004
CA
Hi there,

I am trying out a few examples from net on using the user controls. The example that I have is in C#, but I am developing in VB.NET. Can someone help me interpret the following code into VB?

Code:
<style>
Body {MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0px;}
.WebUserControl2 { BORDER: solid 1px; <%Response.Write ( sBorderColor ) ;%>;}
.WebUserControl2 TABLE { Width: 100%; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px;}
.WebUSerControl2 .Text {COLOR: Black; Font-Size: x-small; FONT-Family: verdana;}
</style>

Thanks

Jino

Sure,

Here is the same code that you originally posted, but ported into something that will work a lot more robustly:
Code:
<style type="text/css">
body {margin: 0;}
.WebUserControl2 { border:solid 1px <%Response.Write(sBorderColor);%>; }
.WebUserControl2 table { width: 100%; border-top-width: 0; border-left-width: 0; }
.WebUSerControl2 .Text { color: black; font-size: x-small; font-family: verdana,sans-serif;}
</style>
Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page [/tt][tt]@[/tt][tt] Code Couch
[/tt]

What is Javascript? faq216-6094

It also hasn't come from a .NET application (or if it has it's a very poor one as it is using Response.Write to write out part of a CSS style).

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Hi there,

I am trying to get the examples on the following page working:

if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know. I am trying to develop in Vb.Net.

I will try the code suggested by BabyJeffy in the meantime.

Thanks everyone.

Jino

But the bit of code you posted isn't C# so what can we suggest - you haven't said what is wrong!

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back