Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C.O.S. override on analog extensions BCM 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljclives

Vendor
May 22, 2004
US
I have a customer that has restrictions on digital sets that they override with a 6 digit code using Feature 68. I installed 2 analog extensions set them to the same filter as the digital sets. I cannot get it to put in the code when I go off hook. (dialtone * 68 )Tried flashing the hookswitch and entering * 68 no success.
I set the phones to Prime IC and Prime pool A and still nothing. any ideas what I may be missing?

Flash * = Feature

If primed to intercom and 9 is access code:

Pickup handset,Dial 9 for outside line/dialtone, Flash/Link * 68, XXXXXX (the COS password), dial desired long distance number.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks curly cord that did it. Is there a way to set any of that up as a hotline?
In other words when they pick up a handset it dials 9 LINK (Feat 75?) and then *68 ?
Even if it can do some of that a great help as it is a group home and that is a lot for them

No sorry.

What is the ATA used for?

Depending how many numbers are called you could setup system speed dials.
In Speed Dials you enter the specific number to be dialed and tell it to "Bypass Restrictions"

Prime set to Intercom

Pickup handset, Flash * 0 XXX
XXX = the speed dial slot #
You would need a list they can read from if many numbers required.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back