Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C# .net open btrieve files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhence

Programmer
Apr 29, 2012
PH
Hi,

Im new here. Does anyone knows how to open a btrieve file in C# .net? i want to view the records of btrieve files please give me a simple sample code for this.

Thanks,

renz

You don't say which version of Btrieve / PSQL you are using so I'll give a few options:
1. ODBC. You can use ODBC through the System.Data.Odbc class to work with through the Pervasive ODBC driver.
2. OLEDB. You can use OLEDB through the System.Data.OleDb class to work with through the Pervasive OLEDB provider.
3. ADO.NET. If you have a recent version (v9 or higher) of PSQL, you can use the ADO.NET provider (Pervasive.Data.SqlClient) to access files. Samples are available in the Pervasive ADO.NET SDK ( - for older versions).
4. Btrieve API. You can use the Btrieve API from C#. It's not as easy as with C++ or VB but is still possible. There is a sample under the "Code Snippets and Samples (downloads include readmes)" section at
If you are having specific problems, post them along with the version of Btrieve / PSQL you're using.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back