Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C:\MSSQL7\DATA\TEMPDB.MDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura2

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
We upgraded to SQL 2000 from 7 and everything has been running fine until yesterday when the following error started to pop up:
DATE/TIME: 9/8/2005 4:10:56 PM

DESCRIPTION: Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 4
I/O error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.) detected during write at offset 0x00000015fd2000 in file 'C:\MSSQL7\DATA\TEMPDB.MDF'.

COMMENT: (None)

JOB RUN: (None)

We have multiple queries running all day long. We've run the CHECKDB as stated on the Microsoft site with no errors produced on any of our databases. We've also upgraded from SP 3 to 4 although when we did a backup of the server prior to running the service pack, there was an SP 3 file that was corrupt and would not back up. This file is for SQL 7 and I'm not clear if it's even in use. I'm not sure what else to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Laura.

Here is the SP3 file that is corrupt:

OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted. <<<<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: "\sql2ksp3\msolap\Install\_sys1.hdr" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Thanks Denny. I'll run a chkdsk over the weekend. It takes forever! :)

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back