Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C-LAN integration to Inutiy...Need help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyboy1

MIS
Mar 19, 2001
US
My company is buying a Prologix with a TN799 (Control LAN card) and an Intuity for an existing office we have. Since it's a very small system and I'm a former installer, we decided to do it ourselves (as far as the config goes). I've never dealt with the C-LAN integration to the Intuity before and have a question. I can look at another office we have that is already set up and see several screens that relate to the C-LAN set up, such as CHANGE NODE, which is where you define what the IP address is of the Intuity. Also, in the Inuity I see a screen which shows what the IP address of the PBX should be. The only thing that I can't find (at least I hope that's all I can't find) is the place in the PBX to define what IP address is assigned to the PBX itself. If anyone has set this up before, I'd really appreciate some insight. Feel free to e-mail me directly at martyboy1@yahoo.com if it's rather lengthy. Also, if you would, please touch on ALL the screens in the PBX ONLY that must be configured to make the C-LAN integration with the Intuity work. If I know what to look at, I can figure it out from there....or so I hope :) Thanks so much.

Here are directions for connect the C-LAN Card. Good Luck.

1. Type the command: change node-names ip
2. Enter in a name(usually ethernet) and then enter in the IP Address for the PBX then save it(F3)
3. Enter in the command: change ip-interface
4. Enter y in the Enable Eth Pt field.
5. Enter C-LAN in the Type field.
6. Enter C-LAN board location in the slot field.
7. In the node name field enter in the same name from step 2.
8. Enter in the subnet mask ip address in the subnet mask field and save(F3).
9. enter in the command: add data module xxxx
10. In the type field enter in ethernet
11. In the port field enter in the 17th port on the C-LAN card(ex. 01A1217).
12. Enter 1 for the link.
13. Enter y in the Network uses 1's for Broadcast Addresses? Field and save(F3).
14. Enter in the command: change system-parameters maintenance
15. On page 2 of this form enter y in the Packet Intf2? Field.
16. Enter in the C-LAN board location in the Bus Bridge Field and save(F3)
17. Enter in the command status link 1 to see if link is up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back