Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C-LAN connectivity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronster

Technical User
Apr 18, 2001
GB
I have just added a new C-LAN card to my switch.
I can ping the C-LAN from the LAN. But I can't ping anything from the new C-LAN.

When I try to ping using
Code:
ping ip-address board 03C10 10.96.130.200
it fails with error code 1007.

I can't even ping the other C-LAN.

I have added the IP address on "change node-names" and confirgured the gateway and subnet on the "change ip-interfaces".

What am I missing? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ronster

try these few command
1) add data moudel
the board address must be 03c1017

you must take note of the system you are having CSI, SI or R system.

I believe the command should look like this:

ping ip 10.96.130.200 board 03c10

Have you added the ethernet data module for that clan?

If not, then do "list data" and copy the data module used for the other clan card. The data module uses port 17 of the clan card.

I have already added the ethernet C-LAN.

On v9.5 the command IS:
ping ip-address board 03C10 10.96.130.200
It works with the old C-LAN.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway. But back to the drawing board! [shadessad]

Cheers,

Ronster

First check the cabling...

Then try setting the data switch port where the C-LAN is connected to 10/Half (not Auto). Also check the C-LAN vintage and firmware. You shouldhave a TN799C (TN799DP is not recommended for R9.5. At the Avaya Support site ( under Firmware Downloads find the latest firmware for your C-LAN (type and vintage)

I hope this will help...

Petran.

Can you ping any other IP cards in the PBX? It may be a gateway or subnet setting in the PBX.

First things first...do you have a link light on the CLAN card. If not, pinging will get you nowhere.

If there is not a link light, make sure that the cabling you are using is correct, make sure that the port on the ethernet switch is configured just like the ones for the other CLAN cards, and make sure that you're not using the "crossover dongle" that Avaya sends with the cards. The RJ45 should plug directly into the adapter on the back of the card.

THanks petran.

Looks like I've been messing around with an old C-LAN (TN799DP).

I'll need to go to the purchasing dept with my begging bowl.

Cheers,

Ronster

As a follow up to this topic. I'm trying to get a clan vintage"C" in a prologic rel.10 working for administration. At what point should the link light come on? As soon as it's connected or does it have to be configured etc.? I've done a few others but this one is 300 miles away and I'm working with remote "hands".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back