Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C++ interface to Oracle 9i

Status
Not open for further replies.

0x4B47

Programmer
Jun 22, 2003
US
Hi fellow programmers,

I'm using Sergei Kuchins otlv4.h open source library to interface my C++ code with Oracle 9i database. If anyone is familiar with the library or even if anyone knows how to do it another way without the library, can you please help me with giving a SYS_REFCURSOR to an Oracle PL/SQL stored procedure? What I have done in PL/SQL is written a "get" procedure which returns a bunch of rows from Oracle tables, and the "get" procedure returns a SYS_REFCURSOR. I then use the otlv4.h library to stream this data returned by the "get" into std template <map> and <list>. What I've got next is an XML file which I'm parsing and then I'm trying to use the data from it to populate tables in Oracle via my stored INSERT procedures. What I want to do is give this parsed xml data to the stored procedure as a SYS_REFCURSOR. Can I do this? I don't think the otlv4.h library supports giving a SYS_REFCURSOR back to oracle so is it possible to do it another way?
Please help, I've been stuck on this for a while!!
I await your responses with anticipation.
Thanks in advance.
K

01001011 01000111

You could try OCI using the C interface. Examples at the back of one of the Oracle Ref Manuals. The last time I looked at it was on V8 but it probably wouldn't have changed a lot.

If not a SYS_REFCURSOR, can I give it a Collection or Container or Array or something?

01001011 01000111

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back