Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C if U guys can figure this 1 out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pea63

Technical User
Apr 22, 2003
AU
Clean install on new system of XP home, fantastic OS except a few little quirks here and there, no biggy.
I installed our Logitech Pro 4000 webcam (USB) no problems, ran great for the first 2 weeks, now it dosent run for nothing. It says it's not plugged in, which it was at the time, we have installed the new patch for it from the logitech site, thats a joke and 1/2, we have uninstalled and reinstalled, we have troubleshooted the problem, I can go on and on,even right down to running regclean for XP and still nothing works.
I had dumped the LVCOMS from the services and it worked until we rebooted, right back to where we started. The USB hub works great as we have other running from it. We even tried switching ports....... Nothing.
We have not installed any new proggy's, we have all the lateset drivers for everything.

Intel P4 2.40
DDR/333
Geforce4 TI4200-8x
XP Home

Thnx in advance
pea63

Did you try using System Restore to get back to when it worked?

Try Safe Mode (Do you have this problem in Safe Mode?).

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

A problem with some USB Devices is that they must not be plugged in until after the software and drivers have been installed. Connecting the device then installing the software can cause problems.

Talking of devices, what does the Device Manager say about your USB devices?

This site is good for USB problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back