Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C function SIGSEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizcochito

Programmer
May 22, 2000
ES
Hi,<br>I'm programming in C in a Unix machine.<br>I need a function like SIGSEND. <br><br>The sigsend() function sends a&nbsp;&nbsp;signal&nbsp;&nbsp;to&nbsp;&nbsp;the&nbsp;&nbsp;process&nbsp;&nbsp;or group&nbsp;&nbsp;of&nbsp;&nbsp;processes specified by id and idtype.<br><br><br>But the&nbsp;&nbsp;sending&nbsp;&nbsp;process user must be super-user, because if the process is owned by<br>other user this function returns error.<br><br>I need a function like this, but without need a super user.<br><br>thanks.

hey Buddy,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;sigsend() is all that U have. There is no other way..unless U go and rewrite the C library.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Anyway UNIX will never ever allow U to send a signal to aprocess for which U dont have permissions.<br>e.g. user A cant send a signal to a process owned by user B<br><br>If these twi processes want to communicate the only way is though IPCs e.g named pipes,semaphores etc<br><br>adios<br>amit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back