Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C:\ drive is actually the Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2002
GB
All

I am new to Citrix so bare with me on this one.

When I connect to the MetaFrame XP Server via Program Neighborhood to a published Desktop, I can see all of the various Server Drives, CD-Rom and also the local drives of the client machine. Is there a way that the C:\ drive which is actually the server can be mapped to a different drive letter and the Local C:\ drive of the PC mapped instead. If this is possible will all the programs work on both the Citrix Box and also the local PC?

If the above question sounds ridiculous does anyone have a suggestion of how to restrict access to the server drives yet still allow the published applications to function? I have used Group Policies to restrict functionality like removing shutdown and run commands but I cannot find out anything about removing the mapped drives.

Thanking you all in advance

Paul

SOunds like you didn't choose to remap your Citrix drivers during install of Citrix.

The ideal way would be to run the re-map drives tool during install (remaps your CTX servers to M and N etc) thus allowing your clients to connect and map their local C:\ drives without any confusion... Then, you can set a policy to hide specific drives in 'My Computer' for your users (of course you would want to hide your new M:\ and N:\ drives from your users... (SEE KB242092)...

Yes, other apps will work after you remap your drive letters However, don't remap now if you have already installed applications!!

Good luck-
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back